Thursday 26 January 2017

Something Old, Something New, Borrowed and Something Blue!

I heard an old song today, and it reminded me of my favorite old radio station WNEW FM. Am I showing my age again!? Well, why am I writing about WNEW FM on an antique engagement ring blog? Because I remember a DJ on WNEW who had a segment called "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue." I think of the time honored tradition of brides to be trying to include these types of things in their ensembles on their wedding day. I also think of vintage rings, and how we can incorporate this. "Something old" is a a beautiful antique engagement ring. "Something new" could be an estate micropave ring. "Something borrowed," to me, is a beautiful vintage engagement ring, and "something blue" is a sapphire or aquamarine engagement ring. This wonderful saying means as much to brides, and antique lovers, today than it did in the 1970's or the 1930's. We welcome you to view our wonderful something old, new, borrowed and blue vintage engagement rings . Enjoy!
Something Old: Antique Engagement Ring
When i think of "Something Old" I think of a dazzling antique engagement ring, or maybe a stunning Art Deco engagement ring with sapphires. Something old would include a beautiful mine cut diamond with beautiful filigree embellishments, usually in platinum circa 1920's or 1930's.

Source Link:https://vintagediamondring.com/blog/Something-Old-Something-New-Borrowed-and-Something-Blue/

No comments:

Post a Comment